Still in the Deer & Doe groove, this time with a sleeveless version of their button-down Bruyère shirt.




While I don't have the new updated version of the pattern with the sleeveless option, it was pretty easy to figure out! I adjusted the armscye slightly, as advised by this tutorial, and used bias binding to finish the armhole. I also shortened and straightened the hem due to lack of fabric.



Size wise, I took my own advice from two years ago and made a size 38 shoulders, 39? bust (graded out a bit), and 40 waist. It fits really well and thanks to the sturdiness of the fabric, there is no gaping between buttons. Perhaps my slapdash grading at the bust helped a little with that as well ;)



Fabric: Cotton - Bows On Black The fabric is actually a quilting cotton from Joann's but I loved the print so much I decided to get it. I don't like how much it wrinkles and shows fuzz, but the bows match my hair, so there's that :) I also used this fabric as my pocket bags for my recently sewn Safran pants!

Love this co-ordinating necklace! BOWS 4-EVAH!
I finished this top just in time for picture day at my new school! Which makes TWO school pictures in Bruyères! (Last time it was this one :)

In other news, old habits die hard. It is difficult to blog easy breezy! It's been easier for me to ease up on the writing part, but the photos - ugh. I just want my garment to look good without putting a lot of effort in! Any tips for this sewing perfectionist trying not to be a blogging perfectionist so she has more time to sew? Lol - thanks for reading!

❤ Sally

Have coffee.... Will teach music :)